Friday, April 01, 2005

The fat lady has sung...

Well... as of midnight last night, another quarter is over and Systinet had a record-breaking quarter, meeting some key company milestones. My team, personally, finished the quarter above our number! (What this means - to address Don's comment - was that we worked very hard and sold more software than we were expected to sell. It has absolutely nothing to do with the price we charge our customers. It simply reflects our team's hard work and how *many* customers are buying our software...)

Today, I'm taking the day off and heading down to our Bertrand Motorsports headquarters to start getting the team ready for our test session in two weeks.

I'll be back on Sunday. I'm reading a very interesting book (not new, but interesting) called The Cluetrain Manifesto. I'll be commenting a lot on this book in the coming weeks...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello -

I work in the GSA purchasing department for several federal agencies, including the DOD. Congratulations on your successes.

Your postings about Systinet, however, are of concern to us as we have strict procedures surrounding price gouging and fair disclosure. i.e., should we expect to have 457% of price inflation?

I'll follow up from our side.

-Don

7:12 AM  
Blogger timbertrand said...

Don - Please e-mail me directly at tim@systinet.com. My quarterly over-achievement has nothing to do with the price that we charge our customer. How do you consider the fact that I worked 100 hours per week and over achieved my quarterly quota as "price gouging" or not being "fair disclosure"? It simply means that my goal was to achieve X dollars of sales for the quarter and I received X +. The reason why I was able to over achieve this past quarter was due to a large deal with a DOD customer - that we are announcing on Monday. Any of our Federal deals and the pricing from those deals is disclosed as per the appropriate FAR.

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home